Chapter 7: Do you know both the ruler and the clock are granted by God!

  

Stone age
Chapter 7: Do you know both the ruler and the clock are granted by God!

 

               "Come on! Follow me. Over here, sir! The strange soil that I mentioned."

 

               "What's the rush! It's still early."

 

               I replied to him with drowsiness. Why should I not annoying? They suddenly barged into my house and knocked on the door, waking me up in the early morning. Then telling me that they discover some weird stuff and calling me to take a look. Which I dutifully need to go and check about it. It starts from last week; after exploring around with difficulty to find stuff, I decided to let them explore on their own because I feel that walking around myself is not a good idea since exploring takes days and I'm lazy. Moreover, no confirmation walking around will discover something useful. If I need to walk for days to come back empty-handed, that is terrible.

 

               Moreover, after that day, the day we discovered gold and marble but unable to get it, my heart was severely damaged to the point that I don't want to go anywhere. I kept imagining that the house I am residing in right now is made from things that I cannot get it yet. Ah~ marble floor, golden bed, golden door, ~. That's right, imagine that my tiny cabin is a five-star luxury house like a retarded for a couple of days before my broken heart will be cured.

 

               However, even though I became a retarded I didn't forget my development jobs. That's why I pin my works on...no... entrusted some works to villagers, making them arrange their party and exploring around themselves. Once they find something, they report it to me, and I will identify it. Of course, these villagers don't know anything. I mean, they literally don't know anything. They drag me around for miscellaneous things such as grasses, mushrooms, animals, trees, and so on. Damn it, why not any of them found metal ore. Gold! I mean gold.

 

               "How far it is?"

 

               "It's almost there. Continue walking along the river just for a while. We will then arrive there, sir."

 

               They answered while guiding me along the river to the north. I asked them many times when we would arrive, and they answered me with the answers like, not too long, just a moment, and something similar. That rings a bell for me.

 

               They don't have a measurement.

 

               That's right, they don't have any measurements for both time and distance. That's why every time they reply to my answer, it's just feelings. Oh, man. Do I need to teach them measurement? Ugh! This is frustrating! Physics is coming back to haunt me again. How could I teach them? The one who cannot even calculate the simple vector force correctly like me.

 

               "Eh, God, is there something bad ahead?"

 

               "Huh? Why do thou ask me this question?"

 

               While I enjoyed thinking about stuff, they panic asked me and look forward to the path we are going to uncertainly. Huh? Why? I think I didn't say anything wrong.

 

               "Because we saw you making a strange-looking face, it's so scary so that we think the path ahead must be dangerous."

 

               Eh! I just realize that I made a scary face. Well, thinking back to the time I was studying physics make me upset. What am I supposed to do since I have tons of bad experiences in this subject? Thinking at this point, I change my face back to normal and wearing the drift skill as always.

 

               "That's wrong. The path ahead is still safe. The reason that I made that face is..."

 

               Damnit! The skill suddenly stops working. What should I say next...?

 

               "Is..."

 

               They start making curious faces. Well, I don't know how to continue...Oh...Got it! Since it came to this point, I can just teach them about measurement then.

 

               "Is thinking. Thinking that it's time to teach ye a new thing!"

 

               "Tea..ach? So, you are going to grant us human being more ability? My God."

 

               "Correct!!"

 

               Phew~ I somehow manage to get through it with my drift skill. However...how to teach them then? Let's do it! 1 centimeter...how long it is? or should I just make a new one then.

 

               "Ye guys, look at this!"

 

               I picked up a stick before drawing a line and asking those looking forward to the new thing I am about to teach.

 

               "How long is this line?"

 

               "Long... how long of this line?...well...it's..."

 

               Please!! Don't answer in the way I am thinking! Don't answer like that.

 

               "it's quite a long, sir."

 

               Damn! Oh my! Their answer is really blunt. Sigh~ I really want some cold inhaler to make me relief from this answer. Okay, calm down, Arun! Remind yourself that they don't have their measurement unit or tools or anything. Well...please...at least please know the numbers!

 

               "How many sticks am I holding?"

 

               I asked them while picking up another stick. Which the villagers are making confuse faces, but at least their answer can make me a bit relieved.

 

               "There are 2 sticks, sir. That's so easy!"

 

               Man~ No surprise that they can quickly answer my question. Well, forget it! It's good that they already have a concept of number. Otherwise, that will be a pain in the ass, and it will take me ages to teach them.

 

               Before I continue speaking anything. I break down both sticks and make them have the same length. Both of them are about 3 palm spans in length.

 

               I place down both stick next to the line that I drew. It seems that the line is shorter than 2 sticks in a combine. It is a bit longer than 1 stick. Actually, the line is about one and a half stick long. Alright! Fine! Then I can teach them all in one.

 

               "Let's me ask another question. How many sticks do I need to make its length equal to this line? (1.5)"

 

               "It's 2, sir."

 

               Okay, right now, I want to hit my head against the wall to death. Dude. Are you guys even more stupid than a kindergarten kid? It's not just about length or distance anymore. It's about understanding the question!

 

               "I mean precisely! No rounding off!"

 

               "Well...uh..."

 

               They began to look more nervous than before and also stared at the line that I drew. They really look serious, as if they are finding a number for the lottery! Guys, they really look serious. They look more severe than when I was in elementary school and asked by a cruel teacher who will hit your butt every time you answer the wrong answer!

 

               "Okey, let's say both sticks have the same length."

 

               "Oh!... I got it! Sir! It's one and a half! Is it correct?"

 

               Well...that's great. Congratulations! You guys are a bit smarter than a kindergarten kid.

 

               "Correct! Then... How about this?"

 

               Finished speaking, I make the line a bit longer so that it equal to 3 sticks. Which it takes them a while to think. Suddenly a villager takes a stick out and places it in front of the second stick. Then they find out that the tip of the stick and the end of the line are in the same place.

 

               "Ah!... I knew it! It's 3 sticks!"

 

               Great! You guys can pass the grade one mathematic exam! Congratulations! Well, if I have some candy here, I might give them as an award.

 

               "Okey, that's great. From now on, if I ask ye about the length of a thing, ye must use this stick as a reference to measure it."

 

               "Yes, sir!"

 

               When I finished speaking, I passed a stick to a villager. Which the man accepted and mumbled something out loud enough that I can hear the words.

 

               "Oh~ this is a tool of God! God is merciful!"

 

               Damn~ A random stupid from a riverside has now become a sacred thing. If it's like this, if I just randomly pick a stone, won't it become a holy stone? Okay, I got it now. Like people said that the value of a thing depends on the owner of it. I am truly able to understand the meaning of it now.

 

               "If thou understand it, don't forget to tell the others."

 

               "Yes, sir! I will propagate it once I arrive at the village!"

 

               Good, good. This will reduce my burden a bit. I won't need to be an elementary teacher to teach each of them again. But damnit! Do you guys know that teaching them like this is a huge mental load? Looking at their face, a sentence suddenly pops up in my head: The body is an adult, the mind is a child. His name is "Stone age villager"!!!

 

               "Good! Hey! wait! Don't go back yet. Don't forget why we are here!"

 

               "Ah! That's right. I totally forgot. This way, sir."

 

               The villager who received the stick from me scratched his head before walking back on the original path. Man~ you totally forgot everything when you get a new toy!! Right! Initially, we are here to observe some strange soil. However, I had a headache with them having no distance measurement units. It turns out to be teaching them measurement instead!

 

               "Lets us continue. Oh! while walking, don't forget to count steps."

 

               "Counting steps?"

 

               "Correct."

 

               Once I finished speaking, I stamped my foot on the ground. The ground was pressed by the force of my bare feet, properly deep into my foot trace. I then pointed to the trace before granting them a new scale.

 

               "From now on, if I mention about distance, ye must use this as a standard to tell the distance."

 

               "So, it's the number of steps, right?"

 

               "Hmmm, let's call it Foot then."

 

               "As for the length of the stick, should we call it one stick? God?"

 

               "Well, let's go with Branch."

 

               Right, the branch unit is like everyone is thinking...it is another word of a stick in English...What? Calling me careless? Well, I'm just out of idea, don't blame me! That's it! The origin or distance and length measurement units of the world.

Moreover, the tool used to measure is also invented. That's the first ruler in the world!!!... Well, let's assume that no one has invented it yet~

 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

               In the end, we walk around 200 feet. Counting from the place that this God of light grants humanity the measurement units. Well, that's really proud. I'm the one who invented those units!! Really! Moreover, these units will be used in the future, and everyone will praise me for this genius idea! Hahaha.

 

               Eh! the reason that I use feet to tell distance is not that I obsessed with the new invention. It's just, well, since we have it, we need to try it. Isn't it correct?

 

 

               As for the reason that I create measurement units. There are 2 reasons here: telling distance and increasing product quality! Since I can ask them to create a thing with precise size, it will make it easier to get what I want. Otherwise, it will be just an estimation from emotion. In that case, things will have weird shapes every time they are created.

 

               Well, let's stop talking about it first and focus on what they want me to observe. Honestly speaking, right now, I'm delighted with the thing I saw. This time, it's a delight without any regret like the last time! Why? That's because the thing we found this time is...

 

               Clay! We discovered clay! In front of me is a vast clay field. Looking at it, the soil that attaches each other which similar to muds but having more elastic. It can't be any mistake...I still can remember the day I was in the art class. I slipped, and my face dipped in a bucket of clay that the teacher brought. Since that day, I remember very well whether it is texture, touch, shape, or even smell...well, that's a bit exaggerated.

 

               Finally, I met with one of what I want. Even though that's a bit late, the plan to cook rice is a bit proceed.

 

               "Okay, I really want to compliment ye on ye discovery."

 

               "Oh! that means this thing is very great, isn't it? This strange soil."

 

               "That's right! This is clay. It is a thing that can create a tool called "container"!"

 

               "Clay...container...what are those holy tools? sir."

 

               They repeated my word, which I didn't answer anything to them any further. Since it's hard to imagine if they don't see with their eyes, I don't want to waste time in vain. Therefore, I just stop them.

 

               "One day, ye will understand it. Now, let's return to the village. About what to do with this thing, I will tell ye later."

 

               "Yes, sir."

 

               Well, I cannot do anything right now. Making pottery takes time and bringing it back will need massive effort and power. So, letting villagers carry clay back to the village later, I can teach them pottery, is a better solution. By the way, to make pottery just sunbake enough. Might be.

 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



               "Eh! God, you are back! Let's have some fish, Emm...I also have some fresh vegetables here!"

 

               Yuna ran towards me happily. I have patted her head many times. The feeling is similar to pat a cat or dog's head. It feels good as usual. Moreover, she also uses a phrase like "have some rice or have some fish first," even though there is no rice in the words since it is now livestock feed. Sob Sob~

 

TL: In Thai culture or actually entire SEA + China (Before CCP takes over), we should call them to have a meal first when someone comes to your house. We usually use the phrase "มากินข้าวกินปลาก่อน" or "Let's have some rice or fish first."

 

               "Thank you, Yuna. But now I have something more important to do first. Thou should come and see it too. Actually, thou should call everyone since I'm going to grant ye a new thing!"

 

               "Oh! Like that? Thank you. I genuinely appreciate it, God. I'll gather every villager now. By the way, where should we gather?"

 

               "Let's gather together in the empty courtyard in the middle of the village."

 

               "Understood, then excuse me."

 

               After Yuna finished speaking, she bowed once before running away.  I walked towards the empty courtyard in the middle of the village and picked up a branch. Then planted it perpendicular to the ground before looking at the sun above my head.

 

 

               Hmm...it seems that while walking back, the sun has moved past our heads....so now it should be afternoon.

 

               While thinking about various matters, I observed the direction to confirm things. Then I came to the conclusion that the direction we walked towards the clay field was north. Because I remember that the sun was on the left-hand side at that time. Compared to the shadows of the branches, nothing could go wrong.

 

               Okay, now I finished with this simple tool. The rest is just...hopefully, the villagers won't be too stupid to understand something as simple as this. No, it won't. They must understand. Since they will be taught by this God, the back row high schooler, this Arun. There is no way they won't understand...hopefully.

 

               I waited for about 10 minutes, Yuna showed up with almost 50 villagers. I suspect that the rest are working on agriculture or livestock or looking for something in the forest, so that they still haven't arrived. Every time this God of light called or was doing something, the villagers would always gather without asking. Wow~ this God is such a genuinely great god.

 

               "I have already brought them together, my lord."

 

               "Good job! Yuna."

 

               "Thank you very much, my lord!"

 

               After Yuna finished speaking, her face turned red as she lowered her head in embarrassment like every time, I complimented her.

 

               "Alright, everyone! Look this way, look at the branches on which I have set on the ground."

 

               Here it comes. Speaking in a miraculous tone with this posture, no matter how many times I do it, that's embarrassing! Calm down, Arun...this is to make it look magical.

 

               "What do ye see?"

 

               I asked them, and of course, the answer will be something like...

 

               "Just a stick, isn't it?"

 

               Hmm...well...just as I expected from them.

 

               "Eh!! That's! The ruler that God granted us, didn't it? No, the length does not look the same...."

 

               The guy I gave him a ruler ran into the stick and compared it with the ruler I gave him.

 

               "Sorry, but it isn't. This time, I didn't plan to teach ye about length or distance...but time!!"

 

               "Eh? Time?" (Yuna)

 

               "Correct! It's time. First of all, how well do you understand that thing called time?"

 

               They pondered for a moment before seeming to think of anything. So, one of them raised his head and answered my question.

 

               "There are day and night!"

 

               Emm...I don't understand why you take so long to just come up with this short answer. If I were you, I wouldn't even need to use my brain to answer? Well, just the moment the question came to my pinna, haven't reached the eardrum, the answer will already come out of my mouth.

 

               "Hmph! Just that? Fine. The tool that I'm going to grant ye can tell more "time" than that. Come and look at its shadow."

 

              

               I said while pointing to the shadows of the stick that were walking along the sun's path. Just looking at them...I could feel the enormous doubt in their heads.  Damn it, must I explain everything? Really?

 

               "Ye should know how the shadow is created, right?"

 

               "Yes! It is the area without the light of the lord because it is obscured by something, right? Eh! or perhaps that's because it's the power of the God of darkness that steals light from us!" (Yuna)

 

               Well, I don't know what Yuna talking about. However, just after she mentioned it, everyone immediately began to look at their shadows in fear as they bowed down towards me as if asking for a blessing from me.

 

               "Oh! my God, is that so? The God of darkness is stealing your light from us?"

 

               "Ah! That's mean our life is being stolen too, isn't it?"

 

               "God! You must help us!" (Yuna)

 

               What!!? Why does it become like this? Yuna. You should become a keyboard fortuneteller in a certain country since you like to say things spontaneously. Moreover, it also made the villagers believe as well.  Speaking of Gods and following with fear, this is a great chance to increase their faith in me. My faith point will also increase. Even though I don't usually use it, and don't think I could use it all.

 

               "Rest assured! With my power, the power of the God of darkness can just only create shadows. It cannot affect ye life at all."

 

               After I finished speaking, I let the light out of myself to make it feel like I was transmitting energy. Which, of course, that's all bullsh*t.

 

               "Ah~ The power of God is flowing into my body!" (Yuna)

 

               "That's right! We could feel the warmth flowing into our bodies!"

 

               If it doesn't feel warm, then it's weird. You guys huddled in the afternoon sun like this. Moreover, it's summer now.

 

               "Therefore, stop worrying and listen to what I will explain from now on."

 

               Right! Just stop and listening. Even if I am immortal, standing in the sun like this, I can quickly become heatstroke.

 

               When I said that, they again paid attention to the stick I had set up.

              

               "Now, look at this and look towards the sun."

 

               Right. They are really docile.

 

               "At this moment, the sun is setting. So, I'll call it the west(wes-pero). In the opposite direction, the sun's direction rises in the morning. I will call it east(*austra-). When ye face the east ye left will be north(*ner-), and ye right will become south(*sunþaz)."

 

               Great. Since I have come this far, I taught them about direction too. That also will make transportation easier since they can tell more precise directions than guessing.

 

               "Okay, next! See this! When the sun is in the east, this shadow will point towards the sunset, right? I will call this period "morning". If it starts to approach the middle of the stick, I'll call it late morning."

 

               "But now the sun is in the west, so the shadow will point east. I'll let you call it "afternoon". Similarly, when the shadows begin to disappear, you shall call it "evening". Both of which are the time to eat your meals."

 

               "I understand, my lord. So, they are mealtimes... In conclusion, when we face the north and this shadow points to the right, that's morning. If it points to the left, it's afternoon." (Yuna)

 

               "That's right!"

 

               Good job, Yuna. Both intelligent and cute like this. This kind of girl is literally my type.

 

               "By the way, if the shadow is in the middle of this stick?" (Yuna)

 

               "Ye shall call it noon...which is the time to eat lunch."

 

               Right, I, who answered that question in such a lame manner, didn't think that I was responsible for the three-meal tradition after this.

 

               "By the way, what should we call the tool that tells us time?" (Yuna)

 

               "I'll call it...clock!"

 

               On this day, the God of Light has bestowed upon mankind a lengthening tool known as a ruler and a time tool known as a clock. This causes human beings to finally recognize the measure and the time. Most importantly, it makes people know that eating rice must be eaten for a time: morning, noon, and evening. This's such a great thing!

 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hello guys, I'm back.

Sorry for being away for a while.

I was not available because of some business.

Sorry to make you guys waiting. 

 

If you want to know that is "finding a number for the lottery" here is the example. It looks stupid but many people believe in it.


Ref: http://khawdeedaily.blogspot.com/






= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =


END OF THE CHAPTER


PREVIOUS    |    TABLE OF CONTENT    |    NEXT

              


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 8: Reputed to be God, whether it's making pottery or cooking food, they're always splendid!

Chapter 9: Reputed to be God, fighting monsters is not an issue!

Map of the God exploration

Chapter 4: Reputed to be God, cutting wood or building a house is not a problem