Chapter 5: Being God, growing vegetables or raising animals, I can do all of that


Stone age

Chapter 5: Reputed to be God, growing vegetables or raising animals, I can do all of that

 

 

              "Yawn~ such a good sleep."

 

              I pushed myself up from the soft bed...to be more precise, it is just a pile of hay that being stack together. However, compared to the cave floor that made me backache from several days ago, this hay bead is a five-star bed!

 

              **Knock knock**

 

              "Excuse me, God, are you awake yet?"

 

              Knocking sound on a wooden door, a twisted rectangle that expresses the slovenliness during construction. It rang up with Yuna's beautiful voice. Hearing that, I pushed myself up from my five-star bed before walking to open the door.

             

              "I'm awake, Yuna. Come so early. What's up?"

 

              I replied in a sleepy tone. What can I do about it? In the first place, I usually wake up late in the morning. There are only a few days that I will wake up early, such as Sports day or the school's marathon event that is held in the morning, and I'm being forced to wake up early. Apart from that, in another life, dude.

 

              Yuna said, lowering her head nervously. I, who began to feel awake at the moment, suddenly waved my hand to let her go.

 

              "Not at all. What is the matter? If it is thou, Yuna, whatever matters are not considered disturbing."

 

              I have spoken, I ready spoken out!!! Those outdated pick-up lines are occurring in love comedy novels. Don't say it, crony. Honestly, I've been wanting to speak for a long time, but I haven't had the opportunity to talk to anyone. As for a reason?... Don't need to ask in the thing you already know it! Sob sob.

 

              Yuna, who heard me say that her face flushed before looking down. After seeing that, I rubbed her head. Let me tell you. It's amazing. Those who never try will never know how great it is to stroke the cute girl's head. Jealous of me? Haha.

 

              "So, what's up?"

 

              "Ah, yes! The reason I came here this time because now the men have returned from searching for forest products!!"

 

              "Oh, I understand. I'll follow."

 

              "Okey, I will take my leave. My God"

 

              When finished, Yuna left my house without forgetting to close the door. Well, I understood the reason she came after me. The thing is that it has already passed over a week after we have finished building our village. Which the people of the race are already beginning to adjust to this new place. They are also complimenting that living in a house is a lot warmer too. So, I, who came up with the thought of building a house, seeing them happy, made me feel glad. However, there is a problem, we don't have enough food.

 

              Not in terms of quantity, but variety. The cave dwellers, no, now they are villagers, go hunting animals and come back with the same meat every day. After eating the same thing for an extended period, I get bored. Even now, fish are added to the menu list as the villagers have been able to produce spears as Yuna taught. But it's not enough, having only fish and meat every day, I feel bored. I want something else like fruits and vegetables.

              I'm not picky! Do you know that you will get sick if you don't eat vegetables and fruit? It's kept being taught in school, whether it is elementary, middle, or even high school. See? I'm not picky, but I am worried about their health...

 

              That's why I decreed them to find food ingredients in the forest. However, this time, I will go with them. At first, I asked them where they would usually hunt, and they took me to look at their hunting ground. It is an open field, about one or two kilometers away from the village. The entire area is full of a kind of animal. I don't know what it is but its appearance similar to deer. After that, I asked if this is the only hunting ground they have, which they answered me, yes.

 

              Finished from observing the hunting ground, I bring them into the forest to find something to eat. Please, whatever it is, be bamboo shoots, lettuce, or strawberry, just anything!! When my boredom goes through the limit like this, anything is fine.

              .

              .

              .

              By this time, I found a variety of fruits and vegetables. Also, they look very colorful, and their shape is reminiscent of the fruits of the old world. The only problem here is...

             

              Is it edible???

 

              I am pretty familiar that it is taught in the biology class that many things in the forest are poisonous. If you are not careful, you will die easily!!! Especially those with beautiful colors, they are hazardous.

 

              Therefore, when I do not know which one can eat and which cannot, and I cannot just let my villagers become my guinea pig because there are only around a hundred people. If they die and the population decreases, the damage will be enormous. To increase the population back to this point might take a couple of decades.

 

              So, the only method left is...try it with me. Just eat everything since I am an immortal. These poisons cannot kill me. Therefore, after trying all sorts of wild things, I have experience with all types of poisons; neurotoxin, suffocation, hallucination, laughing all the time like crazy people, and so on. Since I am an immortal, I didn't be killed by those poisonous things, but it will make me remember mine suffer for a long time. Still, that makes us know what we can and cannot eat. Therefore, from this moment onwards, there is a rule that if there is anything new from the forest, they need to bring it to me first to test for poisoning........wait, am I a God or a guinea pig?

 

 

              There was once when a villager asked me.

 

              "Uh...why does the Lord have to try eating it first every time...not that the Lord knows everything?"

 

              I was asked like this, I am doom. For several weeks, I have been teaching them the basics of life. Some morals and simple manners that I can teach also being taught. Things that people in this era can easily accept, such as greeting or calling names, get to know each other. To say it simply, I just taught them the foundation of social skills, how to use fire to chase away the animals coming near the village, and many other things. So, it's not strange for him to think that I know everything in the world.

 

              "Huh...I thought that I after granting thee the wisdom thou would understand it."

 

              I acted snooty just to delay the time for thinking for a while. Finished speaking, I turned around and crossed my arms behind my back. It is nothing much. I just didn't want that guy to see me sweating, making a weird face like a retarded child while thinking. No matter what, damn, how do I answer it?

 

              "I'm really sorry. Even though the Lord has given the so-called wisdom, but we have yet ... "

 

              He bowed to the ground to apologize to me. Apologize is a thing that I taught them. Just if there is any dispute, saying sorry will end the matter quickly... Actually, there is no need to apologize...That bullsh*t power doesn't exist in the first place!!

 

              Well, what should I do? When I was thinking about it, the God of thunderbolt Drift gave me the power again... All of a sudden, my thoughts flowed smoothly.

 

              "Huh...The reason I have to eat before I tell thee if this is eatable or not without just saying the answer is simple...I am showing one of the powers of the thing that calls wisdom."

 

              "One of the powers of wisdom...is that so?"

 

              Go on, Arun!! Make full use of the power of the God of Thunderbolt Drift!!!

 

              "Correct, that is an experiment!!! Thou will never know if thou never try."

 

              "Is...is that so?"

 

              "That is why I have to eat poisonous things and let ye see the dangers of the power of experiment! In an experiment with a thing that ye don't know, there may be dangers hidden like poisonous fruits that I have eaten."

 

              "It's like this! We are foolish. Even though you have demonstrated one of the powers of wisdom, the power of experiment, we still didn't understand your intention. I really have to ask for forgiveness. Then let me take this first to tell my friends. So that they can fully use the power of wisdom. "

             

              After finished speaking, I waved at him once with my back still turned toward him so that he did not see my relieved smiling face. Great! It seems the power of thunderbolt Drift has been upgraded to level two! That's nice!

              .

              .

              .

              The whole story is like that. So now I am walking and testing food to show them. Which this time, it is okay since there are only eatable foods.

 

              Including from the last time, the number of edible items has already exceeded fifty things. It is impossible to remember. So, I asked them to do something called drawing. Even though the picture that came out looks a bit rough, it is so-called the best for the Stone Age people.

 

              This is the first artistry of this God's village. Which is the style of Ban Chiang art appearing in the textbook. Well, I am really the leader in Logogram invention. From now on, I will take over the title of the God who gave letters to humans only in the name. Sorry for that, the God that chosen the power of the letter.

 

              Now, I am planning to elevate living quality to the next level...Uh...I mean the quality of life of the villager... Currently, we already have enough food variety, the next thing I need is rice... Correct, the rice that we eat every day. I am Thai, so rice is my staple food. If I don't eat it, I will feel like something is missing.

 

              Actually, I am quite fortunate. While walking through the forest searching for forest products, I saw a weed that grew slightly higher than my waist. The appearance is very familiar. Right! It's the rice plant. There are so many that you can call it a field. As for the type of rice, I haven't confirmed it yet. I wish it is either Jasmine or sticky rice.

 

              "Okey, ye guys. I take this. Try eating it."

 

              Finished speaking before throwing the rice plants that have been collected to them. That made them look shocked. Only Yuna could regain her senses, so she asked me that.

 

              "Uh...my God...is this thing really edible? In the first place, I thought that you brought it because you want to change the roof of the house."

 

              Oh, I forgot that the paddy rice needs to be husked first; otherwise, you cannot eat it.

 

              "Not the stalk, I mean it's seeds."

 

              Finish speaking, I hit it, take the grain out of the husk and hand it over to them. Suddenly a feeling, like when I forgot about the ax, flashed into my head.

 

              "I understand. So, I will give it a try."

 

              Yuna finished speaking, taking the white seed in my hand before sending it into her thin mouth. As soon as she put it in her mouth and chewed, she twitched and spat it out.

 

              "Uh Lord, this stuff is tough and tasteless. Can it really be eaten?"

 

              Just that I immediately realize where that feeling came from.

 

              Rice needs to be cooked first!!!... To cook it, you need a tool. At the same time, I also realize one thing.

 

              We still don't have a pot!!!

 

              How did I forget? Scouting also taught about how to cook rice but just ignored it first. The most important here is we don't have any containers for cooking food, and the reason behind that is we don't have clay. Without clay, you cannot make pottery. Damn it, I can't find it around here.

 

              When I'm at my wit's end, I have to halt my rice project by default. It is so sad but still okay... at least it can be used in another topic. My sadness has not yet healed. Nemesis visits me when Finder suddenly speaks up.

 

              "Well, God, why did you bring this for us to eat when it is actually inedible..."

 

              I'm sorry, Finder. I just forgot that this thing must be cooked first. But I cannot just answer this; otherwise, it will do massive damage to reputation. It's time to use my level 2 Thunderbolt Drift power!!!

 

              "I am letting ye try and use the power that I have told ye before "Experiment"!!"

 

              This time, my excuse is very smooth, and it is good that they didn't suspect anything.

 

              "Oh! It's like this. God gave us a chance to use power by ourselves. It's wonderful. "

 

              "God is very kind to us."

 

              Then there is hilarity around the village.

 

              Okay, never mind, I still have a second plan. If the rice doesn't work, let's move to vegetables. I found a field of unknown plants that looked like coriander and lettuce. So, I picked it up too. After giving these vegetables to them, this time they admit that it is good.

 

              "This thing is excellent, Lord. It has both crispness and moisture."

 

              "If ye like it, it's good."

 

              I said with a smiley face as I looked at the villagers sharing vegetables to eat joyfully and said in one voice that.

 

              "Oh! This is the gift from God!"

 

              Hmmm, the belief system of this dimension is very cool. Or is it because it is the brain of people in the Stone Age?

 

              "Ye guys, don't be satisfied with just this present. Save thy joy for another gift that I am going to present ye. Follow me."

 

              I spoke and made a step forward. Then I prepare to use my third trick. I lead them to the courtyard in front of the village and show them a seed of vegetables that I found.

 

              "I will grant ye the power that allows you to grow food, the power of agriculture."

 

              "Grow?"

 

              Yuna said, tilting her neck, wondering. Well, I understand that there is no agriculture in this era. They don't even think about finding forest products, so there is no way that they will grow something.

 

              "Yes, did thou see what thou ate last time? It was born of this thing."

 

              I said while raising a seed clearly for them to see. Of course, this time, I could have already guessed what they were going to say.

 

              "Well, this little thing will be able to give birth to something that we ate earlier. Well...I'm not suspicious of you, ...but..."

 

              "Oh, so thou think, what thou eat, how it was born."

 

              "Well, it already exists, isn't it? Probably, it is the power of you, God who created them for us to consume."

 

              "And don't thou wonder why thou picked it up and it will never run out? "

 

              Right now, I am trying to bring them to the topic of cultivation.

 

              "Well, you made a new one for us, right? God."

 

              Usba's impromptu words made me lost for a moment. Calm down, Arun. This is the idea of the Stone Age people. So, they believe that God does everything.

 

              "Th... then I will show you this."

 

              I said, stuffed a vegetable seed on the ground, and shouted.

 

              "All of you, close your eyes. I'm using my power to make this thing grows."

 

              Even though they still don't understand what I said, they immediately closed their eyes. Of course, when they close their eyes, I shouted out to add more mystique.

 

              "The life I have cultivated on the ground, be born from the power of the light of lives."

 

              It sounds like a Chuunibyou speech. But it's okay, just throw away that topic first and immediately proceeded with my plan. What am I going to do? Simple. I bowed down and dug the ground at the same spot where I planted the seed. Then put a vegetable inside.

              Haha, how is it? I'm intelligent, right?

 

              "Open ye eyes."

 

              Before I tell them to open their eyes, I used my power to let myself shine and shut it down just a bit before opening their eyes to make them think I was using the power. The moment they open their eyes, they look with shock when they see a vegetable that suddenly pops out of nowhere. It means that the show is accomplished. My thunderbolt drift power has raised to level three.

 

              "This is ... amazing!!"

 

              "It's like what God said!!"

 

              "Oh, God is so great."

 

              "Ah, the God of Light has already shared the power called agriculture for us."

 

              "That's right, I can feel the warmth that the Lord gives us."

 

              And so, praise from them. Great, go ahead, admire, and praise me more. Hearing those praise, I feel like I can fly now. More importantly, they already believe that agriculture is a part of my power. It means that I took over another God's power even though just only in name. Come on, God of agriculture, whenever your people meet my people, they will definitely think you are my underling.

              Hahaha.

 

              Oh, as for the warmth that had entered their body, it's straightforward. Right now, they are standing under the sun. Just by standing for a while, they'll start to feel this heat, adding a bit of conspiracy theory. All of them believe that it is me who has empowered it. Haha, very satisfied. Really!!

 

              While I was laughing in my mind satisfying, I glanced at Yuna putting a seed into the ground and patted it with her hand. When she saw that it was in vain, she thought for a moment before turning her face towards me.

 

              "God! I tried to follow what you did, but I cannot get the same result."

 

              I have already guessed that I would be asked like this, so I prepared the answers with the newly obtain drift power. I will deal with all questions for myself!!

 

              "Huh, that power is too great for ye to bear. So, I gave each of ye just a little. That's why it will take time."

 

              "So, it's like that. Well...that's lucky."

 

              Yuna said before giving a sigh of relief. Let me guess, she probably thought that she hasn't received the power. This girl was really overthinking.

 

              "Don't forget to water it as well."

 

              "Watering? What does it have to do with agriculture?"

 

              "Huh, since ye don't have enough power, therefore I shared the power into that river as well."

 

              "Oh, it's like this. How gracious to us."

 

              That's it, I ended up the agriculture topic with this without forgetting to explain a bit about watering, such as when and how much they should water using the same reason. Why do we need to water plants? 

 

              "It's a ritual."

 

              Just that.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

              About a week after the power of agriculture granting ceremony, the result of the effort is fruitful. Some types of vegetables that I brought started to grow. Since its appearance resembles lettuce, so I called it lettuce. The rest are still not mature. Oh yeah, now I have added some fruit trees too, so this might take a long time. This time, I only used words, which they understood and did not argue with me. Well, if you ask me to carry back a tree, it is a bit too much, not a bit, actually.

 

              Oh, right. If you asked me how I got my hand on these vegetable seeds, I have to thank Finder. I don't know why but he is very good at finding stuff. Whatever I asked him to see, he could find it all—what a delightful resource searcher.

 

              "God. Look at this. The thing called lettuce is already grown."

 

              Yuna spoke while plucking out the lettuce and handed it over to me with a smile. Said while plucking out the. Ah, so cute, Yuna.

 

              "Hmm, I saw that. It grew up like this because of you all."

 

              "Thank you, Lord."

 

              I just say compliments. Everyone who was harvesting lettuce immediately turned to thank me with a smile.

 

              "Alright, then I'll take ye to see something, follow me."

 

              "I understand."

 

              After that, I take them to a particular place. I met this place while exploring and feel that this place is incredible. Why? Some animals resemble cows here, haha. Plus, their face looks cuter as well.

 

              "Uh, Lord, why did you bring us here?"

 

              Finder asked me. Without answering, I point in a direction. There is a cow-like animal giving birth. Oh, my luck is excellent. I don't need to dance around the subject with my drift skill.

 

              "That's it ..."

 

              Everyone was thrilled with the scene of calving cows. Which I saw like that and laughed in my mind. How are mad people excited about just calving cows? Well, these are the people of the Stone Age, I keep reciting.

 

              "Ye saw that. That those animals were born the same way as ye. "

 

              "Yes, I have never thought that these animals would be like us."

 

              "But what is the point of taking us to see them?"

 

              Hearing a curious question, as expected of Yuna. Of course, I thanked her in my mind because it made me easier to connect to another point which is livestock. I will raise animals for food. If asked why I have to do both growing vegetables and raising animals, the answer is simple. To store food. Even if the number of people is small, but when the winter comes, I don't know whether the food we have will be enough or not. So, I just do whatever I could to increase the amount of food we have. Also, just in case something wrong happens to the forest, and we cannot find food there, the villagers won't receive any effect.

 

              "What I'm going to let ye do ... is to raise them."

 

              "Raise?" Yuna

 

              "Correct, ye already saw the calving cows. This means that they are not endless. If one day ye overhunting them, they would become extinct, and ye will not have any meat to eat. So, what I let ye do is to multiply them."

 

              "Just like that. You are truly worthy of being the God of Light who gave us wisdom. "

 

              Yuna said, holding her hand on her chest with a smile. A beautiful girl is complimenting me like this. I can fly to Mars. Ah, ~ feels good.

 

              "As for how to raise it, I will tell ye later. As for now, let's herding them next to our village."

 

              "Yes, sir!"

 

              Immediately after hearing my command. The villagers and I finally herded the cows to be near the village. Which many people almost got kicked off into their face by the cows. Of course, I included. Damn it, these cows. If you weren't going to be food for the villagers, I would have slaughtered you already.

 

              Okay, now I have done with both agriculture and livestock. The only thing left is to go for animal food. Which, of course, as I said previously. I already get my hand on it. That is rice...the rice that I plan to eat, the cows, ate it before me. This is suck.

 

              So, I managed to send Finder to bring rice back to cultivate for these cows to eat. Of course, from now on, it will be a long time before I can eat. It would be harder to drag villagers to eat it because no one on earth would like to eat animal food. Thinking about it makes me frustrated. Okay, now that the housing matter is settled. It's time for me to take the next step.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

              "Hmm. There are agriculture and livestock already? The development is really fast, God of light."

 

              A man's voice spoke, which was undoubtedly a familiar voice. It's God. He said while moving the screen.

 

              "Huh, what this guy did will definitely increase the population growth rate of his race a lot. Oh, also the speed of technology development as well since he already created the thing called drawing. So, what do you think, the number one on the board?"

 

              God said, turning to the people at the back. He looked sober and mysterious. Green eyes narrowed and thought for a moment.

 

              "It is considered very good for someone who has just only that much power. He is truly worthy of being God and must be praised for that. However, let me see this don't you afraid of breaking your own rules?"

 

              "No, no, the things that he did, you already have all of it. More importantly...."

 

              "You are the first one to make the race in charge, possess with magic."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

/*

 

More claimed title

  • God of light who gives letter (Logogram) (steal from God of letters.)

  • God of light who gives the ability to grow crops (Steal from God of agriculture)

  • God of light who gives wisdom (From the previous chapter)

 

              If the follower of this religion meets with the follower of those religions, something fun might occur. lol

 

If there is any suggestion or comment, you can leave a comment.

*/


new ingredients, exploration, Senior God appear, livestock, drawing, Legend of the god of light, experimental,

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =


END OF THE CHAPTER


PREVIOUS    |    TABLE OF CONTENT    |    NEXT


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 9: Reputed to be God, fighting monsters is not an issue!

Chapter 8: Reputed to be God, whether it's making pottery or cooking food, they're always splendid!

Chapter 6: Being God, exploring the area is very easy

Chapter 2 : Reputed to be God, talking with the stone-age human is a simple thing.